The weekend is calling…🤙🏻
Answer it Vivace Pinot Grigio and these yummy chicken shawarmas! 💯
🌷Spring over & visit Vivace!
Open daily for retail, wine by the glass & wine tastings! 🤗
Vivace Estate Winery Pinot Grigio
Shawarma on a Bun with Yogurt-Tahini Sauce
Traditional shawarma is spiced meat cooked on a Middle Eastern rotisserie, then shaved and served in a pita. This version takes marinated kebabs, slides them into hot dog buns and garnishes them with raw veggies and a garlicky yogurt sauce enriched with tahini.
- 2/3 cup full-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp finely grated garlic
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp 45 mL extra virgin olive oil Olive Oils Compliments of Dressed by an Olive
- 1 clove garlic grated on rasp
- 2 tsp 10 mL curry powder
- 1 tsp 5 mL garam masala
- 1 tsp 5 mL paprika
- 1 1/2 lbs 680 g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch (4-cm) chunks
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 7- inch 18-cm hot dog buns
- 2 mini cucumbers thinly sliced Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 4 radishes thinly sliced Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- For the yogurt-tahini sauce, whisk ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container. Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- For the kebabs, whisk oil, garlic and spices in a large mixing bowl. Add chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Thread chicken onto four metal skewers, dividing evenly. Place in an airtight container. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- Clean and oil barbecue grate. Grill kebabs, turning occasionally until cooked through, 12 to 14 minutes. (If your buns aren’t super fresh, grill them, cut side down, for about 30 seconds.)
- Thinly slice radishes and cucumbers.
- Smear buns generously with yogurt-tahini sauce and line with radishes and cucumbers. Top with chicken pieces and serve with hot sauce.