Brewery 🍻 South of the Border Porter makes you fall in ❤️ with the chill in the air!
A classic British ale. A balance of rich flavours and drinkability, our Porter will reward you with subtle notes of coffee, chocolate and dark fruits as you navigate through your glass – the last sip just might be the best. Featuring UK pale, crystal and chocolate malts. Oh, and a light dose of flaked oats to round things out. For a real treat look for this on the nitro creamer faucet in our tasting room.
Spicy Sausage, Kale and White Bean Stew
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra-virgin From Dressed by an Olive
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped from Lee and Maria's Market
- ¾ lb hot Italian sausage
- 2 medium cloves garlic minced
- 2 15 oz cans navy beans rinsed and drained
- 1 portobello mushroom chopped
- 1 head kale chopped into 2-inch pieces, rinsed and lightly dried from Lee and Maria's Market
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1½ tsp red wine vinegar plus more to taste
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiana grated
- Heat the oil in a heavy 5- to 6-qt. Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the sausage, raise the heat to medium high, and cook, stirring and breaking up the sausage with a wooden spoon or spatula until lightly browned and broken into small (1-inch) pieces, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the garlic and mushroom then cook for 1 minute, now stir in the beans. Add the kale to the pot in batches; using tongs, toss with the sausage mixture to wilt the kale and make room for more.
- When all the kale is in, add the chicken broth, cover the pot, and cook until the beans are heated through and the kale is tender, about 8 minutes. Season to taste with the vinegar and salt. Transfer to bowls and sprinkle each portion with some of the Parmigiano.