South Islands 🍷
Raise a glass & honour Pelee Island wine history with J.S. Hamilton Red! A blend of Shiraz, Petit Verdot & Malbec.
- 8 6-inch flour or corn tortillas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (Cindy’s Garden Garlic Olive Oil)
- 2 onions, cut into thin slices
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into thin strips (Vegetables from Lee and Maria’s Market)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 pounds skirt steak, cut into 2 pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound Roquefort or other blue cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup) ( The Butcher of Kingsville )
Pelee Island Winery 2017 J.S. HAMILTON RED
Alcohol: 13.5% Sugar Code: (0) Residual Sugar: 2.8 G/L
Grape(s): 48% Shiraz, 41% Petit Verdot & 11% Malbec
Fermented in stainless steel and aged barrique barrels.
KEY SELLING NOTES:
- A blend of Shiraz, Petit Verdot & Malbec
- A statement wine demanding attention
- Full flavored and rich tasting
- VQA SOUTH ISLANDS VQA • In honour of our wine-making pioneers, we bring you our best red wine yet.
Intense red in colour. A substantial presence. A core of dark plum, fig and blackberry notes.
Pair with: Fattier cuts of meat, like pork belly or a juicy ribeye,
as well as rich cheeses like Stilton, Roquefort or Gorgonzola.
AVAILABLE IN 750 ML BOTTLES
PRODUCT # 581181
ABOUT J.S. HAMILTON & VIN VILLA VINEYARDS:
- J.S. Hamilton partnered with Thaddeus Smith of the Vin Villa Vineyards to establish the Pelee Island Wine and Vineyards Company in 1871
- One of their most well-known products was St. Augustine Communion Wine, purchased by churches in Canada, United States & Great Britain
- The Pelee Island Wine and Vineyard Company ceased operations from 1916 until 1979 when grapes were reintroduced to Pelee Island and today’s Pelee Island Winery was established.