Happy New Year!! 🥂
Let brunch begin with Pelee Island Empress II Sparkling VQA!
In 1894, Pelee Island produced one of Canada’s first Méthode Classique or Traditional Method wines, “L’Empereur”. 127 years later, Pelee Island Winery has created “Empress”, a nod by our winemaking team to the past, with a glimpse to the future.
100% Riesling, 100% South Islands VQA. Empress II is the embodiment of Pelee Island’s winemaking team’s masterful techniques and commitment to excellence with its subtle aromas of orchard fruit and fresh lemon, followed by a long gentle and toasty finish.
Experience the evolution of winemaking on Pelee Island.
Grilled Oysters with Herb Butter
- 3 dozen large oysters we used Fourtune Oysters Nova Scotia
- 1 cup packed fresh herb leaves such as flat-leaf parsley, chives, and tarragon
- 1/2 small garlic clove
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/4 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt freshly ground pepper
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Hot sauce for serving
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat. Scrub oysters. Place, cupped side down, on grate, cover grill, and grill until oysters begin to open, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer opened oysters to a platter (discard any that do not open). Let cool slightly, then use an oyster knife or screwdriver to pry shells open, keeping cupped side down and retaining as much liquid as possible. Using an oyster knife or paring knife, cut muscles connecting oysters to shells. Serve warm with butter, lemon wedges, and hot sauce.
- Pulse herbs and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. Add butter, lemon zest, and lemon juice and process until smooth; season with salt and pepper.
- DO AHEAD: Butter can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before using.