Meatless Madness! 🤗
Who wouldn’t want to date this spring fling?!
Muscedere Merlot 🍷paired with 🍓strawberry portobello mushrooms🍄!
- 6 portabella mushrooms Highline Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil – From Cindy’s Garden
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar – Cindy’s Garden Dark Chocolate Balsamic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cup packed arugula leaves we used Lee and Maria’s Market Kale
- 3/4 cups strawberries or grape tomatoes, halved Compliments Lee and Maria’s Market
- 3/4 cups fresh ciliegine mozzarella balls, drained We used Feta
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
After a two vintage absence as a result of the Polar Vortex years, this is our fourth vintage in a line of single varietal Merlots. This particular vintage produced a well balanced wine consistent with our past vintages. It exhibits very pleasant notes of dark berries, vanilla and oak on the nose and smooth tannins on the finish.
It pairs well with meat dishes including veal and lamb, in addition to standing beautifully on its own. Cheers!
Hand-Harvested November 1, 2016
Total Production – 450 cases
VQA 13.2% alc./vol.