Nice! 👍🏻 Not naughty!
🍷Mastronardi Syrah with lamb & feta cigars (food & drink 2008) are definitely on the nice list this season! Cheers!
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil Cindy’s Garden Olive Oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) white onion, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) chili flakes
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) cinnamon
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground allspice
- 1 lb (500 g) ground lamb
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ½ cup (125 mL) sweet potato, peeled and finely chopped Lee and Maria’s Market
- 1 plum tomato, finely chopped
- 1½ cups (375 mL) chicken stock
- ½ cup (125 mL) sheep’s milk feta cheese
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 package phyllo pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable oil
This bold and balanced 2016 Syrah opens up on a deep nose of warm black fruits with hints of wood spice. On the palate this dry red wine progresses smoothly with flavours of dark cherry, blackberry and plum with earthy, spicy undertones and a velvety long fruity finish. Pair this full-bodied red wine with slow-roasted barbecue pork spiced with pepper and cumin to bring out the fruitiness in the Syrah or try it with Asian cuisine marinated in plum sauce.