❄️ It’s beginning to look a lot like Chardonnay ❄️
…said every white wine drinker!!
Erie Shore Oaked Chardonnay’s pair-ability with these roasted squash & brussels sprout nachos will have you sipping and switching on tradition this season!! 🎄
Oaked Chardonnay is a classic wine, but unlike the typical oaked Chardonnay this wine was fermented in oak instead of aged in French oak. The result is a wine with a complex melody of flavours and aromas. The floral notes intermingle with oaky flavours so well that you cannot tell where one ends and another begins. With hints of honey and vanilla it is smooth on the palate.
This wine pairs best with a lighter dish that will not overpower it, such as a salad with vinaigrette, fish, chicken but can also nicely compliment roast beef.
Harvest Nachos with Squash, Brussels Sprouts & Smoked Cheddar
- 3 cups butternut squash cut into ¾-inch cubes Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts trimmed quartered through core Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 2 tbsp olive oil Olive Oils Compliments of Dressed by an Olive
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 large shallot thinly sliced into rings Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 1 lb sturdy tortilla chips
- ½ lb smoked cheddar grated
- ½ lb Swiss melting cheese grated
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°F).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine squash, Brussels sprouts, oil, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and transfer to a heavy-duty baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake on lower rack, stirring twice, until browned and soft, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Lower temperature to 350°F (180°F).
- While the vegetables are roasting, whisk vinegar, water, sugar and a pinch of salt in small bowl until sugar is dissolved. Stir in shallot. Set aside, stirring occasionally.
- Line a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet with foil. Spread out half the chips and sprinkle with half the cheese, half of the roasted vegetables, cranberries and thyme. Repeat with a second layer using up remaining half of chips, cheese and toppings. Bake until cheeses are melted and nachos are hot, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Drain shallots and sprinkle over nachos. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.