Live everyday like is a Friday! 😎
Cooper’s Hawk Riesling was the perfect ride paired with Jalapeno mushroom zucchini boats!
VQA Lake Erie North Shore
The 2020 growing season in the Lake Erie North Shore growing region was remarkable. After a cold early May the entire growing season was hot and dry, extending into September and October. The dryness allowed for an even maturation and an early harvest, giving lower yields and good fruit concentration. Grape quality was exceptional.
The intense aroma of this wine brings you to your local fruit stand. Fresh cut apple and pear, ripe summer lemons with hints of jasmine flower and boxwood.
The palate is characterized by sweet ripe fruit balanced by refreshing acidity. It finishes with a soft and silky mouthfeel. The 2020 CHV Riesling is the perfect pairing for summer lunches and dinners. Enjoy it indoors or out with the fresh flavours of locally grown Ontario vegetables and fresh caught fish.
We have made only 300 cases of this Estate grown refreshing wine. Drink now or over the next three years.
Jalapeno Turkey & Mushroom Zucchini Boats
- 7 oz white mushrooms cleaned and ends trimmed Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 6 medium-sized zucchinis Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 1 tbsp olive oil Olive Oils Compliments of Dressed by an Olive
- ½ lb ground turkey
- 1 onion diced Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp Mexican chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Jalapeno pepper finely diced Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 1.5 cups shredded cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the mushrooms into small uniform pieces.
- Slice zucchinis in half lengthwise. Using a teaspoon, scoop the insides out of the zucchini, leaving about half a centimeter around the skin. Chop the zucchini insides into small pieces and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and ground turkey, and cook for 5 or so minutes, until no pink remains in the turkey.
- Add the mushrooms, chopped zucchini flesh, cumin, chili powder and salt. Cook for 5 or so minutes, until mushrooms are cooked through.
- Add the corn kernels, lime juice and jalapeno pepper. Stir to combine. Remove the pan from heat.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish, arrange the scooped-out zucchinis.
- Spoon the turkey/mushroom mixture in. Top with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and zucchinis are cooked through.