Pinot Grigio, pizza, patio…Enough said!
Colio Bricklayer’s Pinot Grigio will get you into pour taste!! 🤙😎
VQA Designation: VQA Niagara Peninsula
Fermentation: Stainless steel tanks
Aging: stainless steel tanks
Blend: 100% Pinot grigio
Residual Sugar: 5 g/L
Sugar Code: 0
Alcohol Content: 13%
Winemaker: Allison Christ
Patience has its rewards, like the wine you’re holding. It is the result of over 35 years
of commitment to true craftsmanship and care. It was through brick-by-brick
determination that our founders, humble bricklayers, realized their dream of building
Colio Estate Wines in Harrow.
Wine Style: Crisp and refreshing
Colour: Pale straw
Bouquet: Floral violet aromas with a hint of apricot
Taste: Soft and rounded in the mouth and pleasing peach fruit flavours
and clean citrus finish.
Food Matches: Enjoy on its own or pair with lighter fare such as mussels and
white fish or fresh salads like pear and arugula.
Serve At: 8-10°C
Pesto Pizza with Feta Stuffed Crust
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano chopped (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 1-2 cloves garlic Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup shredded pizza mozzarella
- 3/4 pound pizza dough
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 cup calmata olives finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato bruschetta mix
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Gruyère cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 3 ounces italitan sausage sliced
- 1 tbsp butter olive oil Compliments of Dressed by an Olive
- Position the oven rack in the upper 1/3 portion of your oven. Preheat the oven or BBQ to 500° F. for at least 30 minutes before baking, preferably 1-2 hours ahead. If you have a baking stone, start preheating it.
- To make the herb seasoning, combine the basil, oregano, grated garlic, lemon zest, and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Combine the feta, 1/3 cup mozzarella, and 2 tablespoons of the herb seasoning in a bowl.
- On a lightly floured surface, push/roll the pizza dough out until it is pretty thin (about a 12-14 inch circle). Place the pizza dough on a lightly oiled sheet pan or pizza screen. Arrange the feta cheese mix around the edge of the dough. Fold the edges of the dough over the cheese, pinching to seal the cheese inside.
- Using a oil brush, gently brush the crust with Butter Olive Oil.
- Slide into the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes, rotate the pizza, and bake another 3-5 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese has melted. Top the pizza with fresh basil. ENJOY!