🤙😎 Loving this lazy long weekend with Banded Goose Brewing Company!
Get out there & check out Koi Sushi Rice Helles!! 🍺 It’s a banger!
Introducing KOI SUSHI RICE HELLES now on tap at Banded Goose.
We’ve said this many times before, but we ‘LOVE our Neighbours!’ Our creative Brewer Eric, who is always interested in trying something new, sourced 100lb of Sushi Rice from our friends at KOI SUSHI Kingsville & mixed it in with our mash. What resulted was the stickiest, mushiest mash we had ever seen. After a half hour of stirring thick starchy goop, something pretty magical happened, the mixture cleared & the goop was gone! The starches, although similar molecularly to the starch found in malt, converted to sugar at a slightly higher temperature. The result was a slightly higher than average ABV Helles with a slight residual sweetness. This beer is crystal clear, easy drinking and quite literally a science experiment gone deliciously right! #collaboration #mykingsville #eatdrinkdinekingsville #koisushikingsville #jacksgastropub #dineyqg #ontariobreweries #windsoreats #travellingpint
ABV: 5.5% IBU: 17 SRM: 4.5
Radish, Cucumber, and Peach Salad
- 20 mL 4 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp olive oil Compliments of Dressedby an Olive
- 15 mL 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 30 mL 2 tbsp. lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
- 15 mL 1 tbsp. mirin sauce
- 15 mL 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 15 mL 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and grated Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- To taste hot sauce, such as sriracha to taste (optional)
- Using a mandoline, julienne radishes and cucumber.
- In a large bowl, combine radishes, cucumber, peach sections, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, combine all vinaigrette ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Add vinaigrette to salad and mix well.