Happy Sunday! 😎🍷
Sip clearly now the rain has gone!!
Sunsets are better with Viewpointe!
This Cabernet Franc is the Real McCoy and paired perfectly with cajun shrimp crostinis!
Viewpointe Estate Winery 2016 The Real McCoy Cab Franc VQA
Synonymous with genuine, Elijah McCoy was an inventor born in Colchester South Township, Ontario in the mid 1800s. His innovative product for oiling steam engines was so effective train engineers were known to ask for the “Real McCoy”, to avoid being disappointed by inferior copies.
In this bottle is an outhentic wine, grown and produced in Colchester. Made with 100% Cabernet Franc grapes, this wine is worthy of the title “The Real McCoy”.
Cajun Shrimp Crostinis
- 8 oz medium shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1 Tbsp olive oil Olive Oils Compliments of Dressed by an Olive
- 3 cloves garlic minced Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 1 French baguette ends trimmed and cut into 1/3-inch slices
- 1 Tbsp cajun seasoning
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Place shrimp in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Add olive oil and garlic; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine. Place into oven and roast just until pink, firm and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, mayonnaise, sour cream, mozzarella, Parmesan, onion powder, thyme and oregano; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place baguette slices in a single layer onto the baking sheet. Top with shrimp mixture; sprinkle with cajun seasoning. Place into oven and bake for 6-8 minutes, or until cheeses have melted.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.