Playoff pizza anyone?? 🍷🍕🏒
Erie Shores Baco Noir Reserve is perfect
for fans who need to wine and or whine 😆when watching our favourite teams go head to head to score the cup!
Must try with chicken tandoori pizza! Cheers!
Erie Shore Baco Noir Reserve Baco Noir 2022
Rich, dark, full-bodied dry red wine with deep currant, dark ripe berry flavours with soft, smooth tannins with finish.
Tandoori Chicken Pizza
For the Tandoori Chicken Topping
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into thin, small bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup plain, whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 1/2 tbsp crushed garlic or paste Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 1/2 tbsp crushed ginger or paste Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 1 tbsp neutral oil such as canola or grapeseed
- 1-2 tsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt depending on tandoori masala powder
- 1 tbsp Tandoori masala powder use less if yours is spicy
- 1 tsp paprika powder
For the Sauce
- 4 medium fresh tomatoes Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 1 small onion Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 1 small green chili pepper Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 2 tbsp olive oil Olive Oils Compliments of Dressed by an Olive
- 2-3 ~1 tsp crushed garlic cloves Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 1 medium bay leaf Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 2-3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning or basil
- 1/2-1 tsp tandoori masala powder
- 1/4 tsp each cumin powder coriander powder, black pepper powder, red chili flakes, and, increase to taste
For the Pizza
- 2 Prepared crusts
- Prepared sauce
- Prepared tandoori chicken
- 2 cups 8 oz or 227 g quality mozzarella cheese or a blend of mozzarella and preferred cheese, or more if desired
- Additional toppings such as red bell pepper green bell pepper, and red onion, sliced Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- Tandoori Chicken Topping
- Marinate the chicken in all of the ingredients for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- Preheat your oven broiler to high (mine goes to 550ºF/288ºC) and set the oven rack to the top. Line an oven-safe sheet pan with aluminum foil. If you have skewers, run the chicken pieces through them and place on top of the sheet pan. Otherwise, place the chicken pieces in an even layer.
- Broil for 5 minutes, then flip the chicken pieces over and broil for another 4 minutes. You’re going for a tandoor-like (but not burnt) finish. Cover and set aside.
- Pizza Crust
- Combine the warm water, yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Stir once and set aside for about 5-10 minutes or until foamy. It must be foamy! If not, something went wrong (i.e. water temperature, old yeast, etc.).
- In a stand mixture with a dough attachment, add the flour, salt and olive oil. Start the mixer, and then slowly add in the water/yeast mixture. Knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic, adding a bit of water, if necessary. (You may also knead the dough by hand for about 8-10 minutes instead of using a stand mixer.)
- Tightly cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draft-free place to rise for an hour or so or until dough doubles in size.
- Once it has risen, punch it down, knead it a little and then place it on a lightly floured surface. Use a rolling pin to roll it out to two 8 to 10-inch pizzas. Push the dough at the ends so that it’s slightly thicker on the rim. Use a knife to make small slits on the base to help it bake evenly. Cover the crust with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap while you prepare the toppings.
- Pizza Sauce
- Blend the tomatoes, onion, and green chili in a food processor until smooth.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté it for about 20-30 seconds, until the raw smell subsides and it begins to brown. Add the tomato mixture and stir to combine. Lower the heat and add the rest of the ingredients. Cover and allow to simmer on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until well cooked (~25-30 min). If using fresh tomatoes, you may need to add water to make sure it’s well cooked and to make it the desired consistency. Remove bay leaf.
- Steps and Assembly
- Prepare Chicken. Cover and Set aside. Prepare the Pizza Sauce.
- Prepare the pizza dough and set it aside to rise. If using pre-made dough, thaw and roll out.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C) or temperature indicated on Pre-made Pizza Dough. When the dough has risen, follow the instructions to roll it out. Cover it and chop up the vegetable toppings.
- Place the pizza bases on 2 sheet pans lined with aluminum foil. Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the pizza. Top with cheese, chicken, and toppings.
- Bake for 15 minutes per pizza (See Note), until the crust has baked and the cheese has melted. I like to broil it again for a couple of minutes to further amp up the “tandoor” factor. Serve hot. To maintain the texture of the crust, this pizza is best reheated in an oven instead of a microwave.
Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market Olive Oils Compliments of Dressed by an Olive