It’s a peachy keen weekend on the patio with Dancing Swallows C2 Cabernet Merlot!
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Four 6-ounce center-cut boneless pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 firm nectarines, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon shredded basil
Complete recipe at Food and Wine
What the wines from Essex County have is ripeness. We’re the warmest part of Ontario, with longest growing season. Lake Erie stays warm late into the fall letting us give the grapes a long ‘hang time’. This means our Cabernets (Franc and its offspring Sauvignon) achieve a ripeness that is the envy of the rest of Ontario.
In our C2 blend the Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon add to something more than the sum of their parts: an elegant, fruit forward red. We wanted a wine with some backbone to pair with dinner, and got it.