Let the evening be wine & burgers! 🍷🍔
Dancing Swallows “Base 3” rustic red Baco Noir completes this gourmet red wine burger! 👌
Dancing Swallows 2014/15/16 “Base 3” Baco Noir
We think Baco is a seriously underappreciated wine. A hybrid with some North American genes, Baco is remarkably resilient in the vineyard, often shaking off weather that makes purely European grapes question crossing the ocean. The wine is robust and a bit rustic, and can make an amazing pairing with
lean, big flavoured meats like game.
In our first 3 years, our Baco block produced excellent wine, but in small amounts. When we combined them, the result was something special: a smooth, big-flavoured, rustic red.
The Red Wine Burger
The Red Wine Burger is a juicy beef gourmet burger. It has a tunnel of swiss cheese inside this juicy red wine burger. Mushrooms and onions finish off this gourmet burger.
- 1 lb ground beef patties
- 2 slices Swiss cheese Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 1 small onion sliced Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 2 tbsp Olive oil Compliments of Dressed by an Olive
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 clove garlic minced Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 1/2 tsp dried tyme
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 small beefsteak tomato sliced Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 2 brioche buns
- In a saute pan, pour the 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and add the mushrooms and onions. Saute them for about 2 minutes then add the garlic, thyme, and rosemary. Continue sauté until the onions turn clear. Take off the heat and put them in a bowl, to set aside.4 ounces sliced mushrooms, 1 small onion sliced, 2 tbsp Olive oil, 1 clove garlic, 1/2 tsp dried tyme, 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- Next, take one the Angus patties and, divide the swiss cheese up into cubes, place a few of the cubes on top of the patty.1 lb ground beef patties, 2 slices Swiss cheese
- Take another beef patty and place it on top the patty with the cheese. Seal up the edges. Do the same thing to the other patties that left in the package.
- Grill up the burgers to your desire likeness.
- Meanwhile, in the same pan that you sauteed the mushrooms and onions in, turn the heat on and add the red wine and dissolve the sugar into it. Bring the wine to a simmer.1/4 cup red wine, 2 tbsp sugar
- Continue to simmer until the wine starts to coat the back of a metal spoon. Take it off the heat and allow to cool.
- Build the Burger
- Place the bottom of the bun on a plate.
- Next add the cooked burger.
- Top it off with the saute mushrooms and onions.
- Drizzle on the red wine sauce over the whole thing.
- Add some tomato slices and the field greens.1 small beefsteak tomato, lettuce
- Finally the top part the bun and ENJOY!2 brioche buns
Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market Olive Oils Compliments of Dressed by an Olive