Now here’s pumpkin to talk ‘bout!! 🍺🤙
BgB Straight Outta Munich is a must try!
This light & refreshing German Helles lager
is easy drinking and paired perfectly with this roasted pumpkin, fennel & apple salad!
Banded goose Brewing Straight Outta Munich
German Helles Lager
Light, refreshing lager with a moderate hop bitterness.
Roasted Pumpkin, Fennel & Apple Salad
- 1 Pie pumpkin keep skin and seeds Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 2 + 4 tbsp olive oil Compliments of Dressed by an Olive
- 4 tbsp honey Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 2 limes juice Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- sea salt and black pepper
- 2 handfuls almonds
- 4 Apples cut into wedges Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 2 fennels finely sliced, fronds reserved Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 1 large head of Romaine lettuce leaves separated and torn into bite-size pieces Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Cut the pumpkin into large squares, leaving the skin on and seeds intact. Place skin side down, on a baking tray. Drizzle with 2 tbsp oil, cover evenly and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast the pumpkin in the oven for 30-45 minutes, until the pieces are very soft and the tips are slightly burned.1 Pie pumpkin, 2 + 4 tbsp olive oil
- Combine 4 tbsp oil, honey, lime juice, then season to taste with sea salt and pepper. Taste the dressing and adjust the flavours to your preference. Transfer the roasted pumpkin pieces to a bowl and pour over half of the dressing (save the other half for the salad) and toss gently. While the oven is still warm, toast the almonds on a baking tray until golden, about 10 minutes.2 + 4 tbsp olive oil, 4 tbsp honey, 2 limes juice, sea salt and black pepper
- Prepare the salad ingredients. In a large bowl, gently toss apples, fennels and lettuce. Add the remaining half of the dressing and combine. Arrange everything on a platter. Then tuck in the roasted pumpkin pieces, scatter with almonds and sprinkle with fennel fronds. Serve.2 handfuls almonds, 4 Apples, 2 fennels, 1 large head of Romaine lettuce
Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market Olive Oils Compliments of Dressed by an Olive