It’s fall y’all!! 🍂 The leaves are falling and your wine glass is calling! 🍷
Have you tried Aleksander Chambourcin? From light to heavy fare, you will find it food friendly. 🍁 Fallicious with these spaghetti pizza bundles or on its own! Cheers!
Aleksander Estate Winery 2013 Chambourcin
Atop one of the highest points in our wine region, the vineyards of Aleksander Estate Winery are naturally protected and ideally located for the growth of high quality grapes and vines.
Chambourcin is a large cluster variety that has found a home in the region and excels here. The resulting wine has a deep garnet colour with the aromas of cherry and black forest cake. A food friendly wine, the vibrant acidity heightens the experience of food, from light to heavy fare. Enjoy with food or on its own.
Spaghetti Squash Pizza Bundles
- 1 medium spaghetti squash halved Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 1 tbsp. olive oil Olive Oils Compliments of Dressed by an Olive
- kosher salt
- red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Genoa sliced thin
- 1/2 cup mushrooms Sliced Vegetables Compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market
- 1 tbsp. parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drizzle cut side of spaghetti squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and red pepper flakes. Place cut side down on baking sheet and bake until tender, 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of your squash. Reduce heat to 375°F when finished baking.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before using a fork to shred the squash into spaghetti pieces. Place into a bowl and combine with parmesan and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer 1/4 c squash to a greased muffin pan, pressing down on bottoms and side to create cups. Place in the oven to bake, 15 minutes.
- Spoon pizza sauce into each cup, top with mozzarella and other toppings. Bake again, 8-10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top with parmesan and parsley.